Physician recruitment can be a lengthy and costly process. A vacancy not only impacts your facility’s ability to care for patients, it also can have a detrimental effect on your bottom line. It is common to invest up to $250K in the candidate you ultimately hire, including marketing, interview expenses, sign-on bonus, and relocation stipend. One strategy for reducing your time-to-fill is to develop a best-in-class single, interview process. Learn six tips to create an interview experience that is effective at winning over more physicians.
Win More Physicians: 6 Tips for a Best-in-Class Interview Process
- Commit to a single, comprehensive on-site interview that is customized for the candidate.
- Designate key players in the interview process.
- Generate feelings of collegiality, excitement, and a sense of being welcome.
- Clearly communicate the shared values and mission of your organization.
- Tailor the community tour to the candidate and their family.
- Deliver an offer within one week of the interview – if not the same day or the following.