If you’re looking to take your career to the next level and want to be in the best position to achieve your goals, learn four helpful steps to advance your physician career.
4 Steps to Advance Your Physician Career:
1. Build Your Professional Network
- Join associations like the American Medical Association or the Medical Group Management Association
- Get involved by actively networking at conferences and serving on committees within your facility and professional associations
- Develop relationships with physician recruiters
2. Boost Your Digital Footprint
- Keep your social media profiles up to date
- Check the privacy settings on your accounts
- Don’t rely on a single source for your online professional presence
3. Seek Professional Publication
- Be original
- Be cost-conscious
- Be a rule follower
- Be persistent
4. Serve Your Community
- Volunteer for local causes in your community and within the healthcare industry
- Consider medical mission trips
- Mentor medical students, residents, and newer physicians
As a physician, landing a new practice opportunity is cause for well-deserved celebration. It also signifies the beginning of a new journey…..
Through the year 2026, the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects physician employment to increase by 13%, with rural and underserved population centers even higher….